A consortium of Burung Indonesia, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and BirdLife International has established Hutan Harapan to protect and restore 100,000ha of dryland lowland forest and its ecosystems in South Sumatra and Jambi provinces, Sumatra, under the first ever ecosystem restoration license issued by the Indonesian government. With support from several donors, including the governments of Germany and Denmark, Hutan Harapan will make a significant contribution to the global debate on ecosystem restoration, biodiversity conservation, combating deforestation and tackling climate change.
Hutan Harapan is located approximately 3 hours drive from Jambi city. In turn, Jambi can be reached by one hour flight from Jakarta, of which there are 5-10 per day. Accommodation on site is simple but adequate.
Latest information on Hutan Harapan is available at www.harapanrainforest.org Hutan Harapan is offering a unique opportunity to join and shape this groundbreaking initiative. We are building a team of exceptional individuals at all levels and have immediate vacancies for the following key positions:
Chief Estate Manager
These positions will be based at HUTAN HARAPAN operations camp.
For further details on the individual posts, please refer to the specifications below.
- Indonesian National
- University degree (minimum BSc or S1) in Forestry, Natural Resources, Agriculture or closely related field
- 10 years’ experience in production forestry or land management
- 3 years’ experience in the management and coordination of multiple departments at the concession level
- Experience in conflict-resolution processes
- Understanding of governmental structures and processes
- Familiarity with financial management and control, especially of large income streams and multiple income streams
- Working knowledge of Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Working knowledge of high conservation value assessment, management, monitoring and enhancement
- General knowledge of Ecosystem Restoration license requirements
- General knowledge of non-timber forest products
- Strong leadership skills, communicative and team player
- Able to communicate in both Indonesian and English (speak, read, and write
- Manage, coordinate and lead the daily operational activities of Hutan Harapan that are consistent with Ecosystem Restoration license requirements. This will include, but not be limited to responsibility for:
- Financial oversight
- Strategic management of staff resources
- Reporting and liaison to Board of Patrons and donors
- Ensuring legal compliance in all aspects of operation
- Develop organizational capacity; delegate responsibility; empower Department Heads and staff to achieve, monitor and report on the results of targets and objectives.
- Maintain consistent communication and coordination of all operational and strategic activities with relevant partners and Technical Advisors.
- Report to the Chair of the Board of Patrons of Yayasan KEHI.
Your application must be in English; state the position you are applying for and include a full CV with the names and contact numbers of three referees. Applicants who do not fulfill the job requirements will not be considered.
Attractive salary packages will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applications must be received within two weeks of this advertisement. Only applicants who are called for an interview will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within one month from the deadline, you have not been successful.
Postal applications should be addressed to: PO Box 310/B00, Bogor 16001 – Indonesia