A consortium of Burung Indonesia, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and BirdLife International has established Hutan Harapan to protect and restore 100,000ha of dryland lowland forest and its ecosystems in South Sumatra and Jambi provinces, Sumatra, under the first ever ecosystem restoration license issued by the Indonesian government. With support from several donors, including the governments of Germany and Denmark, Hutan Harapan will make a significant contribution to the global debate on ecosystem restoration, biodiversity conservation, combating deforestation and tackling climate change.
Hutan Harapan is located approximately 3 hours drive from Jambi city. In turn, Jambi can be reached by one hour flight from Jakarta, of which there are 5-10 per day. Accommodation on site is simple but adequate.
Latest information on Hutan Harapan is available at www.harapanrainforest.org Hutan Harapan is offering a unique opportunity to join and shape this groundbreaking initiative. We are building a team of exceptional individuals at all levels and have immediate vacancies for the following key positions:
Chief Estate Manager
These positions will be based at HUTAN HARAPAN operations camp.
For further details on the individual posts, please refer to the specifications below.
- Indonesian National
- University degree (minimum BSc or S1) in Forestry, Natural Resources, Agriculture or closely related field
- 10 years’ experience in production forestry or land management
- 3 years’ experience in the management and coordination of multiple departments at the concession level
- Experience in conflict-resolution processes
- Understanding of governmental structures and processes
- Familiarity with financial management and control, especially of large income streams and multiple income streams
- Working knowledge of Quality and Environmental Management Systems
- Working knowledge of high conservation value assessment, management, monitoring and enhancement
- General knowledge of Ecosystem Restoration license requirements Continue reading